Are you tired of having your car filled with toys that are scattered everywhere? We understand our children love to bring their toys along for car rides.
After all, they need to keep themselves busy while you drive! However, when the books, toys, and playthings start to pile up, things can get out of control pretty quickly.
Disclosure: Links to the products in this article are included where you can learn more about or buy each product. If you buy an item via the links on this page, we may earn a commission.
Here are our top five choices and what we liked most about each product. Read on to see photos and get more details.
- Helteko Backseat Car Organizer (2-pack) – Best value for multi-child households.
- Lusso Gear Car Seat Organizer – Best between the seat organizer with super big compartments.
- Tsumbay PU Leather Back Seat Organizer – Best for older kids plus we love the folding table tray.
- High Road Kids Car Seat Cooler and Organizer – Best bet for longer trips and eating on the road.
- Lusso Gear Kids Travel Tray with Dry Erase Board – Best choice for artists and doing homework in the car.
Whether you use your car for road trips, day-to-day activities, work, or as the carpool bus, it’s important to keep it organized and free of clutter.
It’s great to keep your kids busy while you drive, but too many toys thrown around the car can be dangerous and be a potential obstacle or distraction that may cause a collision.
There is an easy solution to keep your car organized and your kids happy and occupied: a kid’s car seat organizer.
Our Choice for the Top 5 Car Organizers for Kids
If you are in the market for additional car seat storage for your children, we know what you need down to a science. You’ll want to find storage that offers multiple compartments, sturdy material, and offers extra storage and versatility.
We have already done the hard work for you and found the best five car organizer for kids. Enjoy our list!
1. Helteko Backseat Car Organizer with 10″ Tablet Holder
Designed for complete versatility, this is the ultimate backseat car organizer for everyone with active children. The Helteko Backseat Car Organizer is sold in a two pack which is nice for households that have more than one child. It also works well for parents that do their fair share of carpooling with other children, so each child has their own activity center.
The tablet holder fits a 10 inch iPad and is located behind a clear plastic film that helps protect it from messy fingers.
Created with 8 storage pockets and a clear tablet holder there is plenty of room for snacks, games, and toys to keep your kids busy. The easily adjustable top and bottom straps are designed to make it a good fit for just about any car.
The organizer stays tight to the seat, containing all the toys securely so they will never end up on the floor of your vehicle. There are deep storage pockets with reinforced stitching for added durability.
Perfect for all your storage needs, the Helteko Backseat Car Organizer is a good value for the moeny.
- Easy to install
- Made with thick polyester fabric
- 4 Access holes for charging the tablet
- Quick release buckles
- Doubles as kick mat protector for the back seat
- Not a tight fit on every car, especially when heavier items are placed in the pockets
2. The Lusso Gear Car Seat Organizer
The Mack-daddy of all car seat organizers is the Lusso Gear Organizer.
We especially like the fact that it has a whopping 8 storage compartments for toys, tissues, books, magazines, games, and more!
This organizer offers more compartments, which means more storage space. The 8 different compartments include 2 large main areas, 1 zipper pocket, and 4 built-in cup holders for kid cups or bottles.
The Lusso Gear Organizer has two sturdy handles so your child can carry it by themselves. This organizer should provide for more than enough storage during your trip. Good for adults or children, you can use this organizer in your car for almost anything.
- 8 compartments
- 2 handles for sturdy grips
- Sturdy and lightweight
- Although it offers many compartments, some customers say it was a bit smaller in size than they expected.
3. Tsumbay PU Leather Car Back Seat Organizer with Folding Table Tray
A popular organizer on the market today is the Tsumbay backseat organizer with fold down table tray. Made from PU leather (a synthetic product) it is thicker than fabric organizers, waterproof and much easier to clean.
The tray is good for eating while in the car and gives your child a place to set down their snacks instead of putting it on their lap. It also doubles as a handy shelf that can hold a tablet or toys.
Not only does this organizer offer a fold down tray, but it also serves as a seat protector and kick mat for kids. At about 24 x 16 inches, it is large enough to cover the whole back seat. Offering multiple pockets and sturdy material, this organizer is one of the best choices, especially for slightly older kids.
The price point is a win as well.
- Easy to Clean
- Full Seat Coverage
- Adjustable straps
- Pull down tray
- Tablet holder
- Fewer compartments and storage than most car storage for kids
- Not compatible with front seats that don’t have a headrest
4. High Road Kids Car Seat Cooler and Organizer
If you have older children or constantly driving the carpool, the High Roads Kids Car Seat Cooler and Organizer is a great choice.
Offering car organization, insulation food compartments and a lid to serve as a food or play tray, the High Road Kids cooler and organizer is extremely durable and portable.
What we really liked about this organizer was the convertible flip-top lid. The sides can be turned up to create a built-in tray perfect for playing cards or having a snack. This helps to keep smaller items from falling off the tray while you are driving.
- Drink holders
- Convertible flip-top lid
- Cooler and storage bin
- Snack and play tray
- Portable as a lunch box/cooler
- Fewer toys and more food or larger objects.
5. Lusso Gear Kids Travel Tray with Dry Erase Board
If your child likes to draw or wants their items closer to the seat, the Lusso Gear Kids travel tray is a great choice. This travel organizer fits securely to the car seat and gives kids a sturdy place to do homework, doodle or color.
It comes with a built-in dry erase board that doubles as an eating tray with plenty of pockets for art supplies, napkins and a detachable cup holder. Also included is an iPad stand that holds the tablet firmly in place.
What really makes this car tray a winner is that it folds up easily with a handy strap for carrying. It offers an adjustable size that should fit most strollers or highchairs as well, so you can use it inside the car or house.
- Folds down to a portable size
- Large eating area (16 x 12.5″) with built in dry erase board
- Detachable tablet viewing stand
- Zippered storage pockets to keep supplies in place
- Doubles as a highchair organizer
- Need to move the organizer before getting out of the car
The Verdict – The Best Car Organizer for Families with Kids
Keeping the car organized will keep the whole family happy. Everyone who cares about their little ones and keeping an organized and clean car needs a car seat organizer for kids!
Not only do the organizers keep the toys from being scattered around the car, but they give your child a place to keep their favorite activities. A kid’s car storage organizer is an easy and affordable solution for everyone.
All the items reviewed here are great contenders. The best choice will depend on your individual child. Here are our top 3 choices.
- For the aspiring artist, we recommend the Lusso Gear Kids Travel Tray.
- For multiple child homes, the Helteko Backseat Car Organizer is a good choice since it comes in a handy 2 pack.
- For older kids, our favorite organizer is the Tsumbay Back Seat Organizer since the material quality is a little nicer and we love the fold down tray.
No matter which you choose, having a kids car seat organizer is a must these days to keep your kids happy and occupied in the car.